A full slate of 61 games takes place this week with only 8 teams idle, five of which are in the ACC. None of the teams with a bye week are ranked in the Top 25. Using the Congrove Computer Rankings (CCR Top 130) as the guide, five games feature battles among Top 25 teams, including No. 9 Virginia Tech at No. 6 Miami on Saturday with the visitors favored by a scant 0.98 points.
The computer once again posted stellar numbers last weekend, going 38-17 (.691) straight up with a 32-23 (.582) mark against the spread. Over the last two weeks, the computer is 7-6 in outright upset picks and a remarkable 11-2 against the spread.
This week gives us 5 straight days of college football as the MAC gets the spotlight early in the week with a pair of games on Tuesday night and another on Wednesday. Four more games take place Thursday, followed by 3 contests on Friday in advance of a 51-game Saturday schedule.
Saturday features an early edition of Bedlam, which has traditionally been scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend. The Oklahoma-Oklahoma State rivalry game was moved up to avoid a potential consecutive weeks rematch after the Big 12 conference added a championship game to be staged between the top 2 teams at the end of the regular season. The 11th-ranked Oklahoma State Cowboys are the computer favorite by 1.95 points over the visiting 8th-ranked Oklahoma Sooners.
Other top 25 matchups have 23rd-ranked LSU heading to Tuscaloosa to take on top-ranked Alabama, 22nd-ranked N.C. State hosting No. 7 Clemson, and 18th-ranked Stanford visiting 21st-ranked Washington State,
These games are also definitely worth watching:
- Arizona at USC in a PAC-12 South showdown,
- The debut game for Florida interim head coach Randy Shannon at Missouri,
- Syracuse at struggling Florida State as the 'Noles try to avoid a 6th loss with bowl eligibility the only remaining goal,
- The border war of South Carolina at Georgia with the 2nd-ranked Bulldogs hosting the surging 27th-ranked Gamecocks,
- 4th-ranked Wisconsin at a dangerous, though 86th-ranked, Indiana,
- 3rd-ranked Ohio State in a possible trap game at No. 40 Iowa,
- 5th-ranked Penn State at No. 31 Michigan State in a series that is tied at 15-15-1,
- 12th-ranked Notre Dame hosting a tough, and 37th-ranked, Wake Forest squad,
- No. 14 TCU hosting a Texas program that has dominated the Horned Frogs until the last five years during which they've knocked out the Longhorns 4 times.
- No. 36 Iowa State at No. 48 West Virginia. The Cyclones (6-2) are the darlings of voters and WVU (5-3) would love to knock 'em off.
Get the complete schedule and the computer's pick of every game here.