College Football Season
Game Of The Week
Preview: Ohio State at Michigan
Courtesy OhioStateBuckeyes.com and Michigan Athletics
Who: #9/8 Ohio State (9-2, 6-1) at Michigan (5-6, 1-6)
When: Saturday, Nov. 21, 2009 - Noon ET
Where: Michigan Stadium (106,201), Ann Arbor, Mich.
Saturday’s game will be televised live on ABC with Sean McDonough (P-by-P) and Matt Millen (analyst) in the booth and Holly Rowe on the sidelines.
OHIO STATE AT A GLANCE
- Ohio State has won five Big Ten titles in a row and will be looking to win the 2009 title outright with a win at Michigan Saturday
- OSU has accepted a bid to the 2010 Rose Bowl
- This is the 106th meeting between the schools in football; Michigan leads the series 57-42-6, though Ohio State has won the last five
- Coach Jim Tressel is 92-21 in 9 seasons at Ohio State; 227-78-2 in his 24th season overall
- Tressel’s 227 career wins ranks third among active FBS coaches, one ahead of Virginia Tech’s Frank Beamer (226).
- Ohio State has totaled seven team rushing performances for at least 200 yards this season, tying for the most in the Tressel era
- Ohio State’s defense has allowed just 10 touchdowns over its past 39 quarters of play
- Ohio State’s all-time Big Ten record now stands at 456-190-28 – the best percentage of any Big Ten school
- Ohio State ranks among the NCAA Top 10 in five defensive categories
- The Buckeyes lead the Big Ten in total defense, rushing defense and turnover margin
MICHIGAN AT A GLANCE
- The Wolverines are 5-6 (1-6 Big Ten) and are looking for one more win to become bowl eligible. UM started the season 4-0, but have lost 6-of-7 since, including a 45-24 loss at Wisconsin Saturday.
- Michigan leads the Big Ten in scoring in all games played with 31.2 ppg. They rank second in rushing with 195.8 ypg, just ahead of Ohio State’s 194.2.
- Senior running back Brandon Minor is the team’s leading rusher with 502 yards and eight touchdowns.
- Freshman quarterback Tate Forcier is fourth in the conference in passing efficiency with a 132.85 rating. He has completed 142 of 243 attempts (58.4 percent) with six interceptions and 12 touchdowns.
- Defensively, senior Brandon Graham ranks fourth nationally with 1.9 TFL’s per game.
- The Wolverines give up an average of 28.1 points and 400.2 yards of total offense per game.
- Michigan leads the Big Ten, and ranks second nationally, in net punting with 42.1 yards per punt.
- Rich Rodriguez is in his second year at Michigan with an overall record of 8-15 and 113-77-2 overall as a head coach.
Michigan leads the all-time series with Ohio State by a 57-42-6 count.
Since 1951, the Buckeyes hold a 30-26-2 lead, including victories in seven of the eight games during the Jim Tressel era. Ohio State has won the last five meetings with Michigan.
The two teams first met in 1897 and the rivalry has been continuous since 1918. Since 1935, the game has been the traditional conference finale between the two schools.
is a proud
"Partner of USATODAY College Sports"